It probably took me around 6 years to figure out how to do my brows in a way that I actually liked. Let’s face it- it’s not easy! Check out my brow video for a brief tutorial! If you prefer reading… here are my tools I use to hook up my brows. (My video is much better though!)
I LIVE for a good brow pomade! I am so glad Anastasia came out with some pomades so I could find the perfect color instead of using Dipdown by Mac. (Dipdown is an eyeliner from Mac NOT a brow pomade/gel)
Left: Mac’s Fluidline in Dipdown Right: Anastasia of Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate
I had wanted to try Anastasia’s products but I wasn’t really interested in a pencil or duo product. Luckily the pomades came out and now I am a lifelong customer! There is SO much product in here and I have to use so little, so this stuff will literally last me forever. If you use Dipdown in your brows right now, Chocolate is a bit softer and less warm, so it was a better fit for me.
I use the worlds teensiest brush for applying it. Seriously this thing is teensy!! I use an angled liner brush and I prefer a skinny one because I have hella skinny brows!!!
Brush pictured is from Crown Brushes – click link here to look at this brush!
There are four things that I look for in an eyebrow brush:
- Stiffness (stiffer the better!- not crazy stiff though)
- Thickness (For me, I need a super thin brush for my baby brows)
- Angled (Must be angled-typically a liner brush)
- Synthetic (Synthetic fibers tend to be a bit stiffer but softer on the skin than natural bristles)
Some basic tips for you if you feel like your brows are NOT doing the most right now:
- Use less product!
- Using a liner brush will help you get a more defined line than a pencil
- Trim those thangs! (Or use a clear brow gel!)
- Use a concealer or brow wax to clean up the edges of your brows
- Use a lighter color if you feel like your brows stand out too much
I hope this post helps and thanks for tuning in!